I've been pondering over having a lot of contests for myself recently. One was blogging once a week. Epic fail, as the kids say. One was making a yeast-based recipe each weekend to make use of the 2 pounds of yeast (that's 128 packets in case you're curious) that I bought at Costco in January. That's currently going okay; I made lemon pull apart bread last weekend and this weekend isn't over yet. The other thing I'm thinking about that is not so much of a contest but along the same lines, is joining a CSA. I love the idea of a CSA; supporting local farms, enjoying fresh produce, being challenged by making something delicious using two pounds of kale and six beets, etc. I also kind of feel like joining a CSA will balance out my earth-killing love of Costco in a super hipster earth-loving kind of a way. I found one that allows pick up at the Hyde Park Farmers Market, which is close by and would not require gas usage that would poison the environment. Plus I'm not organized enough to remember to budget out an hour or more every weekend to drive out to a farm and pick up produce, quite frankly. Imagine how fun it will be for me to blog about my weekly farm share/take pictures of me being overwhelmed by kale (I don't like kale, it's my greatest fear that the farm share will only include kale), thereby solving the problem of failed contest idea number one for the bargain price of approximately 300 dollars. Genius!
Kale... also my biggest fear when it comes to joining a CSA. Actually, I fear that I will be the only one in my house willing to eat it, and then, because I don't want to waste it, that is all I will eat while the rest of my family eats all the good stuff. But, if you promise to blog about ways to love kale, then maybe we can join one too!
ReplyDelete