Thursday, May 17, 2012

Unique strengths

I almost don't even know where to start. I get so annoyed with blogs when the bloggers don't post. And it's not like I have a lack of things to post about. I think it was that whole I got so far behind and then I felt like I should have some big interesting post and well, my life is not that exciting. I mean it's exciting to me but not to the general public. I've been doing some farming (i.e., container gardening) which is awesomely awesome. Except for the cilantro plant that is taking over my life and killed my basil. I mean I love cilantro but it's up past my waist at this point and I just can't make that much salsa. My tomato plant is similarly OOC except apparently they can't be harvested for like another 2 months. I'm pretty sure at some point I'm going to wake up and my whole condo is going to be filled with cilantro and baby tomatoes. But I digress. What I really meant to make this post about was my shocking lack of planning, spatial organization, and general engineering skill. I have mentioned before that I really like iced coffee. And this is a pretty good recipe for homemade iced coffee (which is good because my local coffee shop charges $4 for iced coffee and psychology just doesn't pay that well. Plus I don't have a lot of flex time in my morning routine). So anyway, I've been making 1/4 of this recipe for a while (1 1/4 cups of ground coffee to 8 cups of water) and it's dandy. But it's kind of a pain in the bum to filter the coffee and it takes an annoyingly long time. So I decided to make a bigger batch, per the original instructions. So I bought one of those water dispenser thingies at the grocery store. My thought process was: I'll make a hole in the top, dump the coffee in, let it brew, pour the coffee out of the container into a filter sitting in a pitcher, rinse out the water dispenser, and put the brewed iced coffee back in and then it will be like I have my own personal coffee dispenser. You will notice a measuring cup, my coffee maker carafe, two bowls, my mesh strainer, my permanent coffee filter, about 15 paper filters, a pitcher, and a glass bowl are in use. Yeah, so... anyway, planning, volume estimation, spatial stuff = not my strong suit. Clearly. Here's hoping the coffee tastes good.


No comments:

Post a Comment