Monday, July 18, 2011

Barthelona

I just came back from a wine tasting class at the Tria Fermentation School. I learned a lot about Spanish white wines (and two ciders and a red wine), was good at tasting instead of drinking (a honed skill), and ate some delicious snacks. Above and beyond that though, I had a heartbreaking feeling of sadness and/or regret when I wasn't distracted by the dreamy wine guy instructor. Tria is one of the places I will miss most (and intimately intertwined the friends with whom I have spent time there). I was sad because Tria is unique and does not exist outside of Philadelphia (although I'm sure approximations are floating around) and regretful because I should have attended classes earlier. They are GREAT! Such fun and knowledgeable winos. So, my public service announcement: Tempus fugit! Carpe diem! Seize the day! (I got my Latin confused and it only seems fair I should not fool you and pretend I said carpe diem first, and tempus fugit isn't totally off base). Do the things you keep putting off until later, because you never know when you might have to move to Cincinnati and change all your plans.

I recommend:
Txakoli Bizkaiko, Gurrutxaga '10
Txakoli Getariako, Ameztoi, '10
Rebisaca, Do Ferreiro, '09
Albarino, Do Ferreiro, '09
Godello, A Coroa, '10
Txakoli Tinto Bizkaiko, Gorrondona, '09

P.S. I am still homeless in Cincinnati! Someone find me a damn house/condo/apartment!

2 comments:

  1. my cousin was there! and we just had our first txakoli this weekend. is it new? trendy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems quite trendy! Now I just need to find it on a wine list at a restaurant so I can display my knowledge. :)

    ReplyDelete