The Turkish bagels were gross- they went in the garbage. So so disappointed. I spent an hour on Facebook at work trying to find the concierge at our hotel so he could tell me the recipe. It turns out that Göksel is a super popular Turkish name. Who knew. So I made myself feel better by making chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Rolos. It is only because of intense will power that I did not eat all of them at one time. They are deliciousness in a cookie.
I'm going to Cincinnati tomorrow to look at rental houses and/or apartments. I'm both excited and feeling sad as my time in Philly grows shorter and shorter. There is a big upside to Ohio though. You can buy both buy wine at the grocery store and have it shipped to your home. It's the small things.
Nicole,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the cookie idea. After searching 4 stores, I finally found some Rolos. I made around 100 cookies for work folks, and they were devoured. Worth the extra time and expense to incorporate the Rolo.
George
I'm glad you liked them (I'm assuming you got one before they were snatched up)! I'm now pondering over what else I can add a Rolo to...
ReplyDeleteso, i read your turkish bagel thing and thought they sounded delicious!! (what could be better than a bagel and croissant all rolled into one?) so, i thought maybe you'd want to try another recipe? I'm not sure where you got yours, but i like this website, and they posted a recipe - from a turkish cookbook. maybe you want to test it out? :-D
ReplyDeletehttp://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/2751/turkish-entry-simit
(the recipe is the 4th entry down.
That is the one I used actually! I think I need something with more butter in it - that recipe produced basically a french bread sort of bagel covered in sesame seeds. I'm wondering if the ones we had at the hotel were some special fancy gourmet version that does not exist in recipe form. When I have more time I'm going to sit down and compare croissant recipes to that recipe and see if I can mush them together.
ReplyDelete