Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I might be a grown up

I totally thought I was going to have tons of time for blogging. I don't know what I've been doing that I haven't been updating. Perhaps doing things, instead of sitting in front of a computer. First, in answer to the ice cream question: I like United Dairy Farmers mint chocolate chip better. But I wouldn't kick Graeter's out of bed. In other news, I went to Kentucky to see an old friend. Our mutual friend, who we called from the bar in my friend's condo (hello!) said, "I can't believe you two are hanging out together in Kentucky." True story. Three cheers for the tri-state area (SW Ohio, N Kentucky, SE Indiana)! We found a totally cute restaurant in Lexington, called Table Three Ten, which I recommend if you ever find yourself in that area. I came back on Sunday, and made my grandfather's spaghetti sauce and meatballs and a batch of Rolo cookies, ready to be baked as needed. Monday brought the first day of work. More specifically, Monday brought the first day of work orientation, which included among other informative activities, putting out a virtual fire with a laser-tag-like-fire extinguisher. It was hard to hold the fire extinguisher. I kind of bobbled it. I would not be good in a real fire situation. I finally passed all the things that needed to be passed, and I found my office. It's fancy. It has a window, and a cabinet full of toys. It is totally delicious to finally have a real office and be a real psychologist. It makes all the drudgery learning and growth experiences worth it. I think I'll celebrate with some ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment