Saturday, September 24, 2011

Not BW's waffles

I have five or six drafts of posts I've written over the past few weeks that I haven't posted because they haven't made me laugh. That is how I decide what posts to post- they have to make me giggle a little bit, whether because they're actually funny or because they border on absurd. One was about how I house/dogsat for my parents last weekend, had a great dinner with two of my oldest friends (fun because it's them and funny because I spilled margarita mix all over the kitchen floor), almost got my fingers snapped in a mousetrap in the liquor cabinet (funny, but also kind of sad), and got a huge speeding ticket on the way home (so far away from things that make me laugh). I finished my first full week of work, and spent an inordinate amount of time putting tabs on my brand spanking new DSM-IV-TR and arranging books on my bookcases. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books. You may have heard I live in Cincinnati now and I'm doing a lot of exploring. I went to Findlay Market this morning; it's a lot like West Side Market if you're a NE Ohioer, Reading Terminal Market if you're a Phillyian, etc. etc. I like markets like this because they have a local feel, they're more locally sourced, and it seems like there is one less step between the food and the customer in terms of processing. I wandered by Taste of Belgium, which offered waffles and crepes. They'd been mentioned on Twitter by the coffee shop I like here, Coffee Emporium. I'm totally a secret Twitter stalker- I do not do my fair share of tweeting to balance out the number of tweets I read. There I said it. Anyway, I had coffee in one hand, it was crowded, and I determined I was not going to be able to handle a crepe, but people seemed to be holding the waffles in one hand. Since I'm klutzy and don't balance well, I ordered a waffle. They were made out of dough, not batter! With big chunks of sugar in them. Delicious. I wonder if this is what I was supposed to be getting all these years when Belgian waffles were advertised in hotels at their free continental breakfasts. I demand a refund!

No comments:

Post a Comment