a blog about a big transition which at some point might be about recipes or cooking or photos or whatever strikes me
Monday, September 5, 2011
I am moved
I drove on Thursday. It's a boring drive. Lots of cornfields. It rained a lot. The movers arrived on Friday morning. I have never seen such a flagrant waste of paper in my life. My parents arrived on Friday afternoon. I have been kept busy all weekend with shopping, cleaning, decorating, eating lobster, and trips to Costco, Ikea, and Jungle Jim's. My parents just left and now as I sit in the absolute quiet with only the tapping of my keyboard on stolen wireless (because the cable installation specialist hasn't arrived yet), all of the FEELINGS that have been kept at bay since March or last week or some time in between are finding their way out. There's most definitely excitement. But there's also a hefty dash of oh-my-god-what-did-i-just-do causing flip flops in my stomach. Although I suppose that could also be easily attributable to the Skyline chili for lunch. It's an interesting thing to start a life somewhere. There's a lot of activity involved. All those foundational things like finding a place to live and moving into it, and then the next layer of stocking it and decorating it and making it feel like a home, and then the next layer of finding your favorite grocery and local coffeeshop and take out sushi. Incidentally, there are three sushi restaurants within spitting distance which makes me think I did an excellent job of choosing this condo/apartment. I found a book club to join, which I'm excited about. The first meeting is in about 2 weeks or so and the organizer welcomed me even if I didn't finish the book in time. I refrained from telling her my dance card was not quite full yet and I had plenty of time to read. I shouldn't say that - I have some exciting plans this week so far: lunch with my friend who lives here, a pre-employment meeting, and hold onto your hats... a trip to the DMV! There's a rumor I have to re-take the Ohio driving exam. Let's hope I can pass it on the first try this time.
Labels:
cincinnati,
moving,
photos,
restaurants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your parents look so young!
ReplyDelete