a blog about a big transition which at some point might be about recipes or cooking or photos or whatever strikes me
Monday, August 22, 2011
Heartbreak City
Today was the first day of moving-related tears, unrelated to a reaction to dust rising from the unbelievable amount of crap I have accumulated over three years in Philly. Just regular old heartbreak tears, as I stood in the middle of a boutique home goods store in Midtown Village staring at coasters of Philly scenes. As excited as I am for my move, I am so so so sad to leave this city. So there we go. No funny posts today, or baking posts (Pantry Baking #3 was oatmeal chocolate chip coconut cookies in case you're curious), or photo posts (those went directly to Craigslist), or ridiculous things that happened to me posts. Just a sad and bittersweet post. I got some wine at Tria with my friend who found Tria in the first place, and some gelato at Capogiro to make myself feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So I'm not going to tell you to not be sad about leaving Philly, because you can be sad. I however am very excited about your move west. Check this out:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/flex-149-best-of-cincinnati.html
And did you know that you have the largest Oktoberfest outside of Munich? I think Amar and I should come soon.
I did not know that there was such a large Oktoberfest- you guys are welcome any time! Especially if you wear your leiderhosen.
ReplyDelete