Saturday, June 18, 2011

I'm the president of Turkish chai!

...or something that sounds like that but probably makes more sense if you actually understand Turkish while attempting to negotiate the bill for dinner. Which was a delicious meal for five, but for quite a bit of time yesterday it appeared my sister would be flying to Istanbul solo since I got stranded in Philly and my parents and brother were stuck in Cleveland. I made it to JFK shortly before our connecting flight to Istanbul thanks in large part to the fact it is only actually a twenty minute flight. I'm sort of surprised they even fly it. The Clevelanders however, had two cancelled flights, a double secret rebooking on another flight, a high-speed race from LGA to JFK, and managed to arrive in Istanbul with remarkable grace only four hours after we did. So far my big adventure today was taking a nap; international travel tuckers me out. Tomorrow I'm going to convince my brother to ask people how to get to Constantinople. Time for bed before the our next door neighbor the Blue Mosque's early morning call to prayer... not mentioned in the Trip Advisor review, shockingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment