It's interesting to figure out what to blog about when nothing absurd happened, I didn't bake, I didn't take a picture, or I've realized that telling stories in my real life is redundant because this blog tells them first. What do I blog about if I don't have something that strikes me? A few things.
1. I did bake. Make these cookies. They are deliciousness in a cookie. Little bit chewy, little bit crunchy. Perfect about 5 minutes out of the oven.
World Peace Cookies
2. I am taking a photography class this weekend! I am also going to polo this weekend. The latter should be interesting given my irrational fear of horses. I'm so fancy!
3. My friend suggested I make him a "pumpecapple." A what? He described it as the dessert version of a turducken. We'll circle back to my turducken making next November. But. This confection is interesting. It's a pumpkin pie baked in a spice cake layer, covered with frosting, topped with a pecan pie baked in a chocolate cake layer, covered with frosting, topped with an apple pie baked in a yellow cake layer, topped with frosting. I love sugar. And I love baking. And I love eating baked sugar. But this is even too much for me. Check out the original version (the cherpumpple).
Well there we go. I'll stop now lest I run out of things to talk about with people tomorrow around the water cooler.
No comments:
Post a Comment