Monday, June 6, 2011

I've been remiss

I have been so busy feeling frustrated with our travel agent and/or learning how to use my camera that I forgot for a day that I had a blog! And loyal readers! As I try to keep this blog relatively friendly, I'm not going to waste time discussing our travel agent who is not detail oriented to say the very least, and just hope that when it is all said and done, in just under 2 weeks I will be boarding a plane for a lovely and long awaited vacation to the Republic of Congo Istanbul, Paros, Santorini, and Athens. On the learning how to use a camera front: I took a class, "Take Your Camera Off Program Mode I," with Okello Dunkley of DSLR Workshops on Sunday. He had offered a deal through Living Social that I scooped up immediately. It was a great class; he is very knowledgeable about both Canon and Nikon, made some reasonable lens recommendations, and taught me the basics within 3 hours. I am now terribly overwhelmed by the influx of information, but I am so excited to know more about my camera. Even though I'm going to be flubbing around trying to take a photo of the white slavers in Indonesia who are stealing my family for looking like American tourists in sneakers lovely white cliffs of Santorini, I am so glad I took the class and highly recommend it for all of you DSLR owners out there who have no idea what you're doing but kind of feel like a badass for having a fancy camera. I'll do some photo experimentation this weekend and post the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment