I'm in the process of making chocolate cake balls, which sounds just saucy enough to make me chuckle. I have a younger brother and many younger boy cousins and on vacation one year we had a personal chef (one evening only, we're not that fancy) whose specialty was chocolate truffles, lovingly referred to as Chef Paul's chocolate balls. I digress. Cake balls/cake pops are tres chic these days. I am not one to get left behind on a trend (a baking trend anyway). I bought candy melts at a shady party supply store. I hope they aren't made of lead and poison. The best thing is I needed no new pans.
I had an interesting conversation (or gmail chat) with my madre today, who suggested that prior to moving, I purge my old clothes (great idea) and my kitchen (bad idea)! It got me thinking that while I believe I have a moderately well stocked kitchen from both appliance and bakeware perspectives, others might find it a tad cluttered. And I don't even have madeleine pans, or mini springform pans, or popover pans. And I only have six metal pie pans and two ceramic ones (I used to have three but one met an untimely end during a Canadian Thanksgiving party). What if I needed to make ten pies one day? I'm also unsatisfied with the number of mini muffin tins I have. So no mommy, no I will not get rid of my kitchen things! I might even buy some new ones. And since I'm a real grown up with a real job I can do that.
Update: they look more like Miracle Max's miracles than fancy cake balls...
Nice chocolate balls!
ReplyDelete