Sunday, April 3, 2011

I heart Costco

I want to have like 1000 of Costco's babies. I am literally obsessed with it. I love wandering around the warehouse and just watching and marveling at the consumption of the American consumer. I'm not judging - I'm on the boat with them, but it is interesting to think about why exactly the average family needs 3 pounds of hummus at one time. And the snacks! Oh how I love the snacks. I'm a big fan of tasting menus and tapas because I have a hard time making decisions... so getting to wander around Costco and having a little bite of fake crab dip here or a little popcorn shrimp there is like food Disneyworld.

I went specifically today to get butter and cinnamon for baking, and a new camera for picture taking. Everyone's got photo blogs these days and I can't get left behind. Plus, maybe I'll be like the Pioneer Woman and become wildly famous and Reese Witherspoon will play me in a movie.

So I got the Nikon D3100 (thank you Mr. Kutcher) which gets good reviews and looks awesome, and really, was available at Costco and came with a bunch of extra stuff. I'm a simple lady. The really tricky thing is the one thing it does not
come with is a way to move the pictures from the camera to the computer, which I think is kind of irritating. I've got like 12 lenses (okay, maybe 2), a bag, batteries, chargers, etc and no way to get the pictures out of the camera. Makes me feel like Hansel and Derek in Zoolander trying to get the files out of the computer. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment