Sunday, April 17, 2011

There's no basement at the Alamo!

There isn't. It's true. Poor Pee Wee Herman on his Big Adventure. Just a guy trying to find his bike. Luckily I had important conference business to attend to in San Antonio and did not have to worry too much about my distress that the Alamo was not what I was expecting. I remember it being in the middle of the desert in the movie, but it is smack in the middle of the city. A city that was in the midst of its Fiesta celebration. I'm still not 100% sure what was being celebrated, but it required a lot of confetti and loud yelling/honking until the early hours of the morning. My personal Fiesta celebration included a lot of guacamole and salsa. And a little picture taking. The Alamo:
50 dollar parking at Denny's:
I hope it was a typo. I don't know what the world is coming to if Denny's is charging $50 to park in their lot. I obviously need to think harder about my moneymaking strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment