a blog about a big transition which at some point might be about recipes or cooking or photos or whatever strikes me
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Fruit
I HATE bananas. Well known fact for all who know me. I don't like the smell, taste, texture, or anything about bananas. I have returned smoothies which had bananas in them, as the lady argued with me that bananas gave a better consistency. I understand bananas are good for you and contain potassium and are an excellent breakfast or treat for after running. My running career was relatively short lived so I don't worry about that too much, but I tend to go for the soft pretzel after a well-walked "race" anyway. For a long while, I banned bananas in my immediate vicinity, but my office this year is quite small and that's not really fair to my friends and coworkers who enjoy the occasional (or twice daily) banana. Despite my love for all things baked, I can't do banana bread either. Have you ever noticed that when baked, the seeds in bananas look like hairs? Since I never buy bananas, I never have to worry about what to do with overripe bananas but many people make banana bread out of them. Well, when my friend and her son came to visit, all I was instructed to buy was bananas. Which I did. Because I'm a good person. But I forgot to tell my friend to take the bananas when she left so I now have two OVERRIPE bananas on my counter (I cropped out the clutter): So here's the thing. Every night I've come home from work, and thought, huh, I should make banana bread. No need for them to go to waste. The problem is that the last time I made banana bread, (it has occurred on occasion because I have a sister who I like a lot who likes bananas) I had to hold my nose because the smell gave me a tummy ache. So I have neither made banana bread nor thrown the bananas away. I'm gearing myself up to do one of those two things. As soon as I get a biohazard suit and some tongs.
Labels:
photos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are too funny, thanks for sacrificing for Sammy, sorry we didn't rid your home of the fruit:) You make me laugh!
ReplyDelete