The first item on my Au Revoir Philadelphia Tour has been completed, as I watched the Reds beat the Phillies in the 9th inning. I mean the Reds winning was not part of the bucket list per se, just attending the baseball game. I have a little bit of a hard time at baseball games, as much as I love them because, a. I can't really see the field due to poorly corrected vision and b. get distracted by hot dogs and expensive beer. So delicious. Bucket List #1 begs to be followed by numbers 2, 3, and 4... which leaves me with the rather large responsibility of cramming in many exciting things into a summer. I'm thinking at the very least, visiting the new Krispy Kreme, taking a walk along Kelly Drive, spending a day at the art museum, spending five minutes at the Mutter Museum (medical oddities), spending 15 more dollars on my Tria card, etc. etc. and so on. As long as none of the activities involve the level of sodium in Chickie's and Pete's crab fries, I'm game!
The lovely view of City Hall and Avenue of the Arts as I rose out of the heavily spritzed with eau de urine SEPTA tunnel:


I love the idea of a bucket list for the city you're moving from... I did that for NYC and did all the things I always said I would but never got around to. Much was accomplished the last two weeks, thanks to Montu and Casey and the Daves. Alas, I didn't really have a bucket list for Chicago. I guess there was less to do there (or maybe I was more social). Then again, I can't think of one for Burnley either... maybe I'll have to expand the scope to all of England. I think I'm more in the mode of "get me back to America" at this point so not really considering what I need to do here before I go! :)
ReplyDeleteI know! I always feel like I should take better advantage of cities so I don't have a whole big list at the end, but so it is!
ReplyDelete