Email I received today at 9:56 am: "I thought I'd pass along this recipe since I just had one of these and it was amazing!!!!" The recipe was for Nutella Chip Cookies. These are the questions I asked: Will I like them even if i don't like Nutella? Are they hazelnutty tasting? And now here we are at 9:47 pm and I have the answers to those questions. Yes I will like them even if I don't like Nutella (which I might like now). No they are not hazelnutty tasting. They are deliciously delightfully chocolately, with a Nutella undertone, and the added bonus of having a gooey middle. They looked lonely so I also made them some friends, and substituted dulce de leche for Nutella. The Nutella ones are way better, but I wouldn't kick the dulce de leche ones out of bed.
Nutella
Dulce de Leche
Nutella and/or Dulce de Leche Chip cookies
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature*
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup Nutella or dulce de leche (but I'd go with the Nutella)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips**
*Late night bakers who get home from work and have not brought butter to room temperature - cut it into cubes before creaming and it will almost be like being at room temperature
**These are relatively delicate cookies and definitely need the mini chips, not regular sized ones.
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add in the egg and vanilla. Add Nutella and mix until well combined.
In a small bowl combine together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix until the dough is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
Using a mini ice cream scoop (1 tbls size) or a spoon (eek! not uniform cookies!), form the dough into balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. I don't usually get wrapped up in the parchment paper issue but for these I think it is important. Bake 6-7 minutes or until set. Let cookies cool about 5 minutes and transfer to a rack to cool completely.


No comments:
Post a Comment