Sunday, May 1, 2011

Twinsies

A few momentous things happened this weekend. The Amish flower man is back in Rittenhouse:

I also bought sunglasses that did not cost 5 dollars and do not say Panama Jack on the side. Those were my favorites from a Walgreens in Sarasota. I'm a huge fan of crappy sunglasses because I tend to lose things easily. I especially like buying them at rest stops. Well yesterday I bought Mr. Marc Jacobs' sunglasses. I don't have any pictures of them because right after I bought them I went to get my makeup done and the makeup artiste was a little heavy handed with the black eyeliner. I looked like a drag queen. The worst part was trying to get the makeup off later. So there is also not a picture of the sunglasses today because my poor eyes were mad at me after I tried to use body lotion to remove the eyeliner. Supposedly that works. I disagree. Do not try it. It burns. The other momentous thing that happened this weekend was that my sister and I went shopping at the outlets and bought the exact same, totally adorable, and very on sale Coach purse. It is clearly a sign from the universe that we are meant to match; two hours later we got the exact same amount of self-serve frozen yogurt from Sweet Endings. I love coincidences like that. They cause me to have esoteric ponderings about genetic determinism. Or perhaps we just have an ounce-for-ounce matching love of frozen yogurt.

1 comment:

  1. haha-- i had the exact same conversation about my love of cheap sunglasses yesterday (since i, too, tend to lose anything over $5-- sunglasses, jewelry, you name it). :)

    ReplyDelete