Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My future as a Northern Kentuckian?

I went to a Kentucky Derby party this past weekend. I have never been to one before. I'm not sure I've even watched the Kentucky Derby before. It lasted for like all of two minutes, and I lost four dollars because I took some bad advice. There were a few exciting things that occurred at this party. I watched a lady take one of every kind of cookie on a tray and put them in her purse "for later." I drank mint juleps, which were amazing, and I don't even like bourbon. I learned how to make mint juleps in a fancy silver bucket. But I have no fancy silver buckets, so there will be no mint juleps in my future sadly. And, I served myself roast pork (delicious) directly from the, well, pig. Apparently when you roast a whole pig, you can just leave it on the table and people go to work - no serving platters necessary. Easy clean up! I felt sort of sad for the pig. I surreptitiously got down at eye level and gave the pig a good look in the eye. Not a good idea. Better for me not to think about where my food comes from and just have another mint julep.

No comments:

Post a Comment